Thursday, March 20, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to Building Breasts. Blogging is something new for me, so I'm excited to see in what direction it goes. The idea behind the blog is to provide easy to understand information about breast reconstruction after mastectomy. But that is just the beginning...As a board certified Plastic Surgeon with a practice focus on breast reconstruction surgery, I evaluate patients for immediate and delayed breast reconstruction after mastectomy, but also improvement of poor results after breast conservation therapy or unfavorable breast reconstruction outcomes.

I am also hoping to share my experiences and those of my patients' (with their consent of course...) regarding the emotional impact of the decision making process. What emotional issues are the patients, their significant others, their children, and their friends experiencing? I'd love this site to be the seed for a growing community for those to share and support others walking in their shoes.

I am a board certified Plastic Surgeon practicing in West Islip, NY on the south shore of Long Island. I was fortunate to have trained in General Surgery at The New York Hospital - Cornell University Medical Center and at Emory University in Plastic Surgery. I also did fellowship training in Hand and Microsurgery at Massachusetts General Hospital - Harvard Medical School. I know that I stand on the shoulders of those who trained me in hoping to improve the care and quality of life of those women dealing with surgical options in breast cancer.

No comments: